Deliver compute and storage resources through a common virtualized platform — getting accelerated and predictable performance — with our hyperconverged, all-flash VMware vSAN Ready Nodes. Their scale-out architecture enables you to optimize the data I/O path while minimizing CPU impact.
Reference Architectures detail the hardware and software building blocks and measurement techniques to characterize performance and composition, including vSphere configuration, network switch configurations, vSAN tuning parameters, and Micron reference nodes and Micron SSD configuration.
These configurations help ensure easy integration and operation with vSAN 6.6, offering predictably high performance that is easy to deploy and manage, a blueprint for administrators, solution architects and IT planners who need to build and tailor a high-performance vSAN infrastructure that scales for I/O-intensive workloads.
Reference Architectures employ a combination of workload-optimized SSDs and standard server platforms:
- Micron® SSDs for the cache and capacity tiers
- x86 architecture rack-mount servers with Micron DRAM
How It’s Built
The Micron All-Flash Accelerated VMware vSAN Ready Nodes are industry-standard x86 servers running vSAN software, with optimized Micron NVMe and SATA SSDs. These solutions allow you to scale cost-effectively by incrementally adding the compute and/or SSD storage that you need when you need it. And your IT experts can perform enterprise-class management through the VMware vSphere web client.
Why VMware vSAN?
- Increase efficiency: Get an overall increase in storage efficiency with vSAN’s inline data deduplication and compression.
- Protect your data: Improve usable storage capacity while leaving data protection levels unchanged thanks to erasure coding.
- Improve performance quality: Help to eliminate “noisy-neighbor” performance challenges with the VM-specific performance and control of vSAN.
The Micron all-flash Accelerated VMware vSAN solutions provide compelling value for your VMware environment, including:
- High performance: Experience better responsiveness and lower latency.
- High flexibility: Build your own ready nodes with the help of our detailed reference architecture.
- Easy expansion: To expand capacity or performance, simply add hosts to the Ready Node cluster or add SSDs to a node. No need for overprovisioning!
- Low TCO: Bring better results and more value to your data center with solutions that are optimized by engineering experts at the platform level.
Benchmark software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Micron products. Performance tests are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those items may cause the performance results to differ from the results claimed. Micron advises you to consult other information and performance tests that may be available from other sources to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases.